Sunday, November 23, 2014

Orange Ricotta Waffles

I opted for waffles instead of pancakes to use with my cranberry syrup.  Maybe I just like the way the syrup pools in the little pockets or it could be that I didn't feel like my pancake flipping technique wasn't going to make pretty cakes this morning.  It turned out delicious so that's what matters, right?






Orange Ricotta Waffles

1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp orange zest
2 large eggs, separated
3 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
1/4 cup orange juice

1/2 cup ricotta
3/4 cup milk

Sift all dry ingredients and zest into a large bowl.  In a small bowl, beat egg whites until light and fluffy.  Gradually mix milk, egg yolks, butter, ricotta, orange juice into dry ingredients.  Gently fold in the egg whites.

Bake per your waffle makers instructions.

Makes 6 waffles

No comments:

Post a Comment