Sunday, November 16, 2014

Cranberry Ketchup

It's cranberry season and I've stocked up for the coming months.  Has anyone else noticed that the berries seem smaller this year?  I decided my first cranberry recipe would be a ketchup.  I really enjoyed the blackberry ketchup that I made this summer and wanted to try it with these tart, little berries.







Cranberry Ketchup

1 bag (12 oz) cranberries, rinsed and sorted
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup onions, minced1/2 cup dark brown sugar
3 tbsp honey1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp ancho chili pepper
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Mix the cranberries, onions, vinegar and water in a large saucepan.  Bring to a boil and cook until the berries pop.  Remove berries from pan and run through a food mill.  Return strained mixture to the pan, add spices, dark brown sugar and honey and simmer until it thickens to a consistency that you like.  

No comments:

Post a Comment