Monday, June 9, 2014

Blackberry BBQ Sauce

Here is the BBQ sauce I promised a little over a week ago using blackberries. I'm glad that all my berry bushes are coming up nicely since my freezer is almost empty at the moment. Nautrally I couldn't resist adding a little heat to compliment the berry flavor ~






Blackberry BBQ Sauce

2 cups blackberries, fresh or frozen
1 cup chicken broth
3/4 cup ketchup
1/4 dark brown sugar
2 tbsp raspberry vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp ground ancho chili pepper
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes

Cook the berries in the chicken broth until tender.  Remove the berries from the pan and strain to remove the seeds.  Add the juice and pulp back into the saucepan and add the remainder of the ingredients.  Simmer until it thickens slightly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment