Saturday, July 6, 2013

Spicy Mashed Sweet Potatoes

It's a rainy day here in the valley.  A thunderstorm rolled through two hours ago and it doesn't want to leave.  I decided to make some sunshine in a bowl using the sweet potatoes I had on hand.






Spicy Mashed Sweet Potatoes

3 sweet potatoes, pared and cubed
1/3 cup sour cream
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp sea salt 
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper

Boil sweet potato cubes until tender.  Drain and mash with a potato masher.  Add in sour cream and all of the spices.  Stir until all blended and serve.

I tried to photograph showing some beautiful pottery that I found on Etsy but I'm afraid that I did not do it justice.  Visit the site ~ you'll be happy that you did because she has so many beautiful pieces ~ http://www.etsy.com/shop/onewintrynight

No comments:

Post a Comment