Thursday, July 25, 2013

Sloppy Joe Bake

This recipe has been in my family for as long as I can remember.  It's so easy to make and perfect for after a long work day.  I've got my recipe below for my sloppy joe mix but substitute in your families favorite if you'd prefer,





Sloppy Joe Bake

2 cans buttermilk biscuits (not the jumbo size)
1# ground beef
1/4 cup onions, diced
1 small pepper, diced
1 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp Heinz 57 sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
5 slices Cheddar Jack cheese (or you can use American cheese)


Press out buttermilk biscuits onto a greased pizza pan or baking sheet.  Top with sloppy joe mixture leaving a 1/2" space around the edges.  Bake at 350° for 20 minutes - the outside biscuits should be turning a golden brown.  Top with cheese slices and return to oven for a couple minutes until they are melted.  Allow to cool a few minutes before cutting into.

No comments:

Post a Comment