Monday, February 4, 2013

Orange Cupcakes

One of my secret Santa gifts this year was a Babycakes cupcake maker.  I finally got around to using it for the first time yesterday and it does work great.  I, however, didn't have patience to cook the entire batch of cupcakes in there so I split it 50/50.  It does include recipes for half batches and I'll be trying that in the future, plus baby cheesecakes or brownies which sound like great fun.  I do like having a filled refrigerator with good things like oranges to turn into good for the soul things like cupcakes.




Orange Cupcakes

1 stick butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1 tsp orange zest
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup orange juice

Icing

2 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp orange zest
2 tbsp melted butter
orange juice to thin to icing consistency


Cream together softened butter and sugar.  Add in eggs and orange juice.  Gradually add in dry ingredients.  Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.  For full size, bake at 350° for 15 - 20 minutes.  Allow to cool completely before icing.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm great cupcakes, I've never had orange before. I will definitely have to try these. Thanks for sharing!

    Sincerely,
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete