Sunday, May 20, 2012

Nutella & Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch Cookies

I've been thinking this recipe idea through for a couple of weeks now and finally gave it a try.  I love it when recipes come together as you envisioned them.




                Nutella & Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch Cookies
                
1/2  cup butter, softened
1/2  cup Nutella
1 cup sugar
1/2  cup dark brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups flour
1 cup Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch cereal


Combine butter, Nutella, sugar and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl.
Gradually add in eggs and vanilla.  Stir in flour, baking soda and salt.
Gently fold in crushed Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch cereal.


To easily crush cereal, place in a large plastic bag that has a plastic
zip lock and roll a rolling pin over.


Makes 50 cookies

19 comments:

  1. What a fabulous recipe, looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had Cap'n Crunch cereal, is that crazy? But I want to and I want these cookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't had Cap'n Crunch (regular) in years and it never was a favorite. I tried the Peanut Butter one a month ago and snacked my way through an entire box. This recipe was from box #2.

      Delete
  3. Oh. My. Goodness. This looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an interesting pairing of ingredients. These sound delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nutella makes everything right! These sound so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nutella is a wonderful ingredient and I can see how crispy the cookies turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these sound delicious! I tried making capn crunch cookies with the crunchberries but they didnt turn out well, your version looks a million times better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finally an easy way to eat captain crunch! (It's too hard to eat as cereal, hurts my mouth!!) SOunds tasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does it have a chewy consistency for the cookie or more crunchy? Either way the combo sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right out of the oven they were soft and melted in your mouth. The next day they were like a crackle cookie and great with coffee I was told by a friend.

      Delete
  10. These sound so interesting!! Loving the Captain Crunch add in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Theeeeese are a few of my faaaavorite thiiiings! Hehe. Way to put some awesomeness into cookie form :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Nutella and Nutella with everything. But can you tell me, is there a substitute I can use for Captain Crunch Cereal as I live in Italy and it's not for sale here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have any peanut butter cereals there? I tried googling and all I found is Cereali Pan di Stelle which looks like a cereal that would be fun to try in muffins.

      Delete
  13. Hello, nice meeting you at food buzz. I'm now following your blog! The recipe looks simple enough to follow =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look awesome! Love that you used Nutella and Cap'n Crunch. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the comments everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cereal is an interesting addition but what could be bad about Nutella and peanut butter?!

    ReplyDelete