Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pear Coffee Cake

It's time for a Sunday morning treat.  I had buttermilk and pears that both needed to be used so I created a coffee cake to start off the morning.



Pear Coffee Cake

1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
4 tbsp butter, melted
1 large egg
2 large pears, peeled, cored and small diced
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
2 tbsp flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp butter cut into small pieces

Mix together first 4 dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.  Add in buttermilk, melted butter (slightly cooled) and the egg.  Mix completely and stir in diced pears. 

Put in a greased pan to bake.  In a small bowl, combine the dark brown sugar, 2 tbsp flour, 1/4 tsp cinnamon and 2 tbsp butter and mix completely.  Place on top of batter.

Bake for 40 minutes at 325°F

4 comments:

  1. This sounds really good - and simple to put together! I love finding great breakfast/brunch stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yumm! I will have to try this. I love pear desserts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pear coffee cake sounds great! I haven't found too many recipes with pear and this looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious! Pear desserts are one of my favourites as well!

    ReplyDelete