Sunday, April 15, 2012

Parmesan & Cayenne Popovers

My family celebrated Easter & our birthdays one week late this year so I had leftover ham to create with today.  I did a simple hash but wanted to add some zing to my dinner so I came up with adding cayenne to my popover recipe and it worked well.



Parmesan & Cayenne Popovers

1 cup milk
2 large eggs
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cayenne
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated

Preheat oven to 450°.  Spray popover pan with olive oil spray and heat in oven for 10 minutes.

In a medium sized bowl with a lip, whisk together milk, eggs, melted butter (slightly cooled), flour, salt and cayenne.  Add in grated Parmesan cheese.

Remove hot pan from oven and fill popover cups half full.

Bake for 15 minutes and reduce oven heat to 400°.  Bake until golden brown,

Serve while hot.

Servings: 12

1 comment:

  1. I haven't made popovers in years, but I think it's time to give it another go. These look and sound fabulous! Love the cheesy and spicy!

    ReplyDelete