Sunday, April 22, 2012

Dark Chocolate Ice Cream

I have warm weather dreams and chocolate cravings...




Dark Chocolate Ice Cream

3 cups heavy cream
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp dark cocoa
3 ounces dark chocolate, chopped (I used Ghirardelli Evening Dream)
3 large egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla

In a large saucepan, combine heavy cream, sugar, salt, dark cocoa powder and chocolate and heat to a simmer.

Lightly beat egg yolks, gradually temper with chocolate mixture and then add into saucepan.  Heat until thickened, stirring frequently.

Cool mixture and then refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.

Pour into ice cream maker and run per manufacturer's directions.

11 comments:

  1. So simple. So perfect. And thank you for making a single photograph give me an unquenchable craving for dark chocolate ice cream!

    I made a Mexican Chocolate ice-cream that you may love. Doesn't look as rich and creamy as yours but it's chocolate! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This ice cream looks so rich and chocolatey and delicious! TY so much for the friend request on FoodBuzz! I really like your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHH!!!! Dark chocolate is a total favorite. And Mr. Grow LOVESSS homemade ice cream. We will definitely be trying this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments. Dark chocolate is one of my guilty pleasures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the fb friend request. I just LOVE this blog, great concept. Now a happy follower! A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious, I love making my own ice cream! Following your blog now, can't wait to try some of your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy to have crossed paths with you on foodbuzz. Sitting here after dinner makes me want to snatch in and grab that scoop of ice cream..it looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This ice cream looks so devine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thx for connecting with me on foodbuzz. I subscribed to your blog and can't wait to see what your next creation will be!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I almost think I smell the deliciousness of the chocolate ice cream through the computer! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds fantastic! Thanks for the friendship request. Hope to do some reciprocal visiting. :)

    ReplyDelete