Sunday, August 21, 2011

My view




This is the view outside my kitchen window.  I think my sunflower is on steroids because my window is not at ground level. 

Tonight I made an easy salsa chicken recipe over white rice.

Salsa Chicken




Brown 6 chicken breast fingers in extra virgin olive oil with one clove of minced garlic.  Season with Ancho chili pepper, pepper and salt (this depends on how salty your favorite salsa is).

Place in a baking dish and cover with one cup of salsa.  Bake at 325°F for 20 minutes.  Remove from oven and cover with cheddar cheese and return to oven until cheese is melted.



Such an easy meal.  It's actually a perfect meal to make on a work night when you're in a hurry.

In case you are wondering where my Ancho chili pepper came from - it's Penzey's.  It's a mild accent to add in and I've used it twice today.

2 comments:

  1. I'm always looking for new chicken recipes. I also love your sunflower view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Monica. I love growing sunflowers on the sound side of my house and the critters like it in the fall when they have lots of treats.

    ReplyDelete