Sunday, January 17, 2016

Sweet Roasted Carrots

Carrots are always a great vegetable. I saw my local grocery store was advertising organic rainbow carrots...actually it was full size carrots.  The reality was they were baby carrots and I'm not fond of the way they make them but there were some in the bag that I figured were really baby carrots so I went with them.  I've made honey roasted before and decided to add a hint of real maple syrup to these.




Sweet Roasted Carrots

1# carrots, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
2 tbsp honey
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp salt

Mix maple syrup, honey and olive oil together.  Spread out the carrots on a non-stick foil lined baking pan.  Pour the syrup mixture over and move the carrots around the pan so all sides are coated.  Sprinkle salt on top.  Bake for 30 minutes at 350°, stirring at 15 minutes.










If you are wondering about how baby carrots are made...google it and how they are preserved.  It seems to wipe out any "organic" benefits.  

No comments:

Post a Comment