Saturday, March 14, 2015

Cinnamon Pear Chips

Healthy snacks that taste good are always a welcome idea in my home.  The last one I had was dark chocolate raisins...well it's fruit and dark chocolate is good for you, rigth?  Today I made some pear chips with my dehydrator so that gets used more than once or twice a year.  It seems no matter what time of year, pears are always hard as a rock in the grocery store. For these treats, that is a good thing.  I just sprinkled them with a little cinnamon sugar mix that I keep on hand in a salt shaker that I've somehow amassed a collection of salt & pepper shakers through holiday gift giving.  




Cinnamon Pear Chips

2 Bosc pears, I used the mandoline and cut slices at 3/16"

My cinnamon sugar mixture ~

3 tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Sprinkle each slice lightly.  Place on the racks of your dehydrator, do not crowd.  Run the dehydrator for 8 hours until the edges start to turn up on the pears. 

No comments:

Post a Comment