Sunday, March 8, 2015

Honey Wheat Biscuits

Good morning and happy time change!  For me it was a complete fail.  I tried going to bed early and getting up early and I did not do well with either.  I'm a true believer that Arizona has the right idea with ignoring the time changes.  As a treat for losing an hour, I wanted to make a good breakfast and decided to try making wheat biscuits in my food processor.  It worked.  I did kind of cheat making sausage and gravy.  I used half a package of sausage crumbles and stirred in 1 tsp of flour and some milk instead of starting from scratch. 





Honey Wheat Biscuits

In your food processor, add in ~

1 1/2 cups wheat flour
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp honey
6 tbsp cold butter

 Pulse in the food processor until butter is incorporated.  

Pour in ~

1 cup buttermilk.  Pulse just until the dough comes together.  Turn out onto a lightly floured surface.  Pat out dough until it's 1" thick and cut into rounds.  Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes at 450°.  Pull the biscuits from the oven and brush with buttermilk.  Return to the oven for another minute.

Makes 12 biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment