Thursday, October 2, 2014

Cheeseburger Pie

If you've ever bought frozen pie crusts, you know that the odds are not in your favor of keeping the 2nd one from breaking on you.  That is why I baked both of the my deep dish crusts together.  One was for the caramel apple pie and the second was for this treat.  I was going to add tomato slices on top when I added the cheese but my tomato had a suspicious spot on it and I opted for a plain cheeseburger pie.  Pickles are not an option when I'm cooking but you can feel free to add some to the hamburger mix.





Cheeseburger Pie

1 deep dish pie shell, baked per manufacturer's instructions
1 pound extra lean ground beef
1/4 cup onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp mustard powder
1 large egg
3 tbsp ketchup
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

Cook beef with onions and garlic.  When completely cooked, remove from heat and stir in bread crumbs and spices.  Allow to cool for 5 minutes.  In the meantime, stir together egg, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.  Stir into cooled ground beef mixture and place in pie shell.  Bake for 30 minutes at 350°.  Remove from oven and top with 1 1/4 cups shredded cheese ~ I used CoJack.  Turn heat off in oven and put pie back inside for about 5 minutes until the cheese melts.  



No comments:

Post a Comment