Saturday, May 31, 2014

Blackberry Ketchup

I have quite a few items on my recipe creating bucket list.  I was recently reminded about one by a co-worker that was raving about brie bites with a fruit ketchup.  I've been meaning to use some of my frozen blackberries and ketchup, bbq sauce and ice cream have all been at the top of the list.  Today's recipe is for the ketchup.  Be watching for the other two soon if you are a blackberry fan.  I used my ketchup this time on homemade brie french fries.






Blackberry Ketchup

2 cups frozen blackberries
1/2 cup raspberry vinegar
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp ancho chili pepper
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cloves

Mix all the ingredients in a large saucepan.  Bring to a boil.  Remove berries from pan and strain.  Return strained mixture to the pan and simmer until it thickens to a consistency that you like.  

No comments:

Post a Comment