Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Barbecue Potato Chips

It's funny how things change as you get older.  I never liked the ripple potato chips as a child (or old fashioned wieners).  No one else's parents had them.  They had the regular thin potato chips and thin-skinned hot dogs.  Now, I'm my parents daughter and prefer things just like they did.  At least potato chip and hot dogs.  I still will cringe at the thought of asparagus.  Since I love rippled potato chips, I wanted to season some in a barbecue flavor myself.  You'll see sugar as an ingredient.  You can leave it out but if you want your chips to taste like those you buy at the market, you need to add the sugar.


 


Barbecue Potato Chips

1 bag ripple potato chips - 5-6 oz
2 tsp chili powder
1 tbsp sweet paprika
1/2 tsp mustard powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp sugar
1 dash cayenne

Lay the potato chips spread out on a jelly roll pan. Bake for 5 minutes at 350°.  While the chips are heating mix the spices in a small dish.  Remove the chips from the oven and place in a gallon size sealable bag.  Careful - the chips are hot.  Sprinkle the spice mixture over the chips and shake until evenly distributed.

No comments:

Post a Comment