Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Raspberry Chicken

As you might have figured out, I love chicken and I'm always trying something new with it.  I tried a pomegranate molasses baked on top of a chicken one time.  It tasted great but turned the chicken into the most unbecoming shade of gray.  Not appetizing.  Not at all.  Spring cleaning found two opened jars of seedless raspberry jam in my refrigerator.  Not sure how that happens but it did so I wanted to at least get down to one.  This is a nice sauce that you basically put all the ingredients in a pan, stir and let it slowly simmer.  Easy.  It has the raspberry flavor but not the sweetness due to the vinegar and the Ancho Chili Pepper.  I buy my Ancho Chili Pepper from Penzey's.





Raspberry Chicken

1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
1 tbsp. raspberry wine vinegar
1 tsp Ancho Chili Pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp salt

Mix together all of the ingredients above in a small saucepan.  Stir and simmer over a low heat.  Stir occasionally but allow it to thicken.  Pound 2-4 boneless chicken breasts until they are an even thickness.  Season with salt and freshly ground pepper on both sides.  Place in a heated frying pan with extra virgin olive oil.  Brown and fully cook on both sides.  Place on a serving dish and allow to rest for a few minutes before topping with the raspberry sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment