Sunday, June 2, 2013

Apple Butter BBQ Sauce

Sometimes positive things come out of negative events.  I took a look at my basement pantry yesterday after the water clean up and found some of last years apple butter that I wanted to use.  I had pork chops thawing so I decided to make a bbq sauce to go on them.  Unfortunately the weather kept me inside using an indoor grill but I just loved the taste combination.








Apple Butter BBQ Sauce

1/2 cup apple butter
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp Heinz 57 
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp onion powder
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes

Mix together all of the ingredients in a small saucepan.  Allow to simmer for at least 15 minutes.


1 comment:

  1. This sounds awesome! Definitely will give this a try, love trying new barbecue sauces :)

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete