Sunday, February 19, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Cordon Bleu

Obviously chicken must be a comfort food to me since I seem to be making it every Sunday.  I'll try for a different meat next week.  I just happened to have all the ingredients in my refrigerator to make this today.



Crock pot chicken cordon bleu

6 Chicken breasts -- boned and skinned
6 slices Canadian bacon
2 ounces brie, thinly sliced as possible
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup whipping cream
2 tbsp flour
4 dashes hot sauce
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Pound chicken breasts until 1/4" thick.  Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.  Place Canadian bacon and brie in the middle, fold in the ends and roll up.  Secure with toothpicks.

Lightly brown in olive oil and place in crock pot.  In same pan, add in chicken broth, cream, flour, salt and pepper to taste and let thicken.  Pour over chicken breasts.

Cook for 3 hours on high in your crock pot.

Servings: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment