Monday, April 25, 2011

It's finally Spring!

And my indoor oregano is making an appearance.  This is my 3rd herb plant that I'm attempting to grow.  So far I have successfully kept parsley and rosemary alive in my tiny kitchen.  My parents are fantastic gardeners.  Unfortunately it is not hereditary.  They have had gigantic gardens all well kept and I grow weeds.  Indoor gardening seems a better alternative for me.

Here's a recipe that is perfect for a hockey playoff party or any gathering ~

Sour Dough Cheese Bread

1 loaf sour dough bread, round
1/2 cup butter melted
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp parsley
6 ounces pepper jack cheese cut into thin slices

1. Melt butter and mix in garlic powder and parsley.

2. Cut sour dough bread into 1" squares by making slices all in one direction and then all the other direction.  Do not cut below 1/2" from the bottom.

3. Place cheese slices in each of the cuts.

4. Pour butter mixture over top.

5. Wrap in foil and bake covered for 15 minutes.  Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes.

6. Serve warm.

Cooking Time: 30 minutes

Oven Temperature: 325°F

No comments:

Post a Comment