Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pumpkin Pancakes

Sometimes a good breakfast is a good dinner.  Especially on a week night when it's a quick meal to whip up.  I baked a pumpkin on Saturday and I wanted to split it between using it all and freezing some for later.  The easiest way I've found to make the baked pumpkin a good texture to work with is to just run my handheld mixer through it for a couple minutes.  I happened to find the last container of cinnamon syrup in my freezer to go with them.







Pumpkin Pancakes

1 1/4 cups flour
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1 dash nutmeg
2 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
1 large egg
1/3 cup pumpkin
3/4-1 cup milk

Whisk together the dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.  Add in butter, egg and 3/4 cup milk.  Add in additional milk until it's the batter consistency that you prefer.  

Heat an oiled griddle and pour 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.  Lightly brown both sides.

Makes 8 pancakes.

My cinnamon syrup recipe is here ~ 
http://micheleswomancave.blogspot.com/2011/09/pumpkin-waffles-cinnamon-syrup.html

No comments:

Post a Comment