Sunday, October 20, 2013

Italian Sausage Stew

I woke up to the sound of rain which I was happy about since there were Winter Weather Advisories up for snow.  It's still too early for this but I have managed to get all my outdoor projects done and lawn art put away for winter.  It's still cold and seemed like a good day to make a pot of stew.  Using the ingredients on hand, including my new favorite farro, I made this Italian stew.






Italian Sausage Stew

1# mild Italian Sausage, cooked and drained
4 cups chicken broth
1 15 oz can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
3/4 cup carrots, diced
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup farro, rinsed
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Combine all the ingredients in a soup pot or crockpot.  Cook until carrots are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment