Thursday, October 17, 2013

Dessert Wontons

I had a half package of cream cheese that needed a good home.  I miss the 3 oz cream cheese packages that my grocery store used to carry because they were a great size for recipes.  I had some wonton wrappers in my freezer so I decided to combine the two in a dessert or snack form and I'm happy with how tasty they turned out.






Dessert Wontons

4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
1/4 cup powdered sugar
16 wonton wrappers
peach preserves or whichever flavor you prefer
cinnamon and sugar
cooking spray

Mix together cream cheese and powdered sugar.  Using a .5 tablespoon cookie dough scoop, fill half full (about 1/2 tsp) and place in the center of the wonton wrapper.  On top of the cream cheese, add on 1/4 tsp of peach preserves.



Dip your finger in water (once for each of the 4 sides) and wet the edge of the wrapper.  Gently fold over into a triangle shape and press down on the edges.  Place on a greased baking sheet.  When all 16 are made, spray with cooking oil, sprinkle on a little cinnamon sugar  and bake for 10 minutes at 400°. 

No comments:

Post a Comment