Sunday, July 22, 2018

Cherry Coke Meatballs




It was the typical dilemma ~ I have a pound of ground beef and what am I going to make with it.  It ended up being a toss up making ground beef stroganoff, Swedish meatballs or trying something new meatballs in a Cherry Coke sauce.  Since I had the Coke in my refrigerator for a couple months, I decided to go with that.


Meatballs -

1# ground beef
1/2# ground pork

1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup milk
1 large egg
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Roll into balls (or use a scoop) and bake on a non-stick aluminum foil lined pan for 25 minutes at 350°.  

In a dutch oven or crock pot, combine the following -

1 1/2 cups of Cherry Coke
1 cup chili sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar

Add meatballs and cook over medium heat until the sauce cooks down.  Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment