Sunday, September 2, 2018

Instant Pot Apple Butter Pork Chops




I've fallen in love with my Instant Pot.  I bought it last year during Black Friday sales and tried to unpack it one time and the directions were overwhelming.  After listening to co-workers rave about their Instant Pots, I hit up YouTube and found it's much easier to watch a video for a couple minutes than to try to decipher the factory instructions.  These are the 4th meal I've made using the Instant Pot.  Super easy and it took less than a half hour for fork tender pork chops.  I happened to have 2 jars of apple butter and will be using my Instant Pot to make more this Fall.

Instant Pot Apple Butter Pork Chops

4 boneless pork chops
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
1/3 cup Dr Pepper
1 cup apple butter

Heat the olive oil and brown the seasoned pork chops on the saute setting.  Add in the Dr Pepper and brush the tops of the pork chops with the apple butter.  Close the Instant Pot and using the manual setting cook for 20 minutes.  Allow to sit for 10 minutes after it has finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment