Friday, June 17, 2016

Sunflower Wheat Hamburger Buns

My grocery store was out of regular wheat hamburger buns and I really don't like the "lite" ones since they fall apart.  I decided to take matters into my own hands and make some buns that are even better than the wheat buns.  I had some sunflower seeds on hand so I made these buns ~




Sunflower Wheat Hamburger Buns

2 1/2 cups bread flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
1 1/4 cups warm water
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp extra light virgin olive oil

1/2 cup sunflower seeds, chopped

Combine warm water, honey and yeast and allow to sit for 15 minutes.  Add in olive oil before adding to the bread machine.  Put flours, salt and sunflower seeds in bread machine.  Pour in yeast and water mixture and set to dough setting.

When done, remove from machine and roll into a log.  Cut into 8 equal pieces, shape into a bun and place on a greased baking sheet.  Let rise for about a half hour in a warm area.

Bake for 20 minutes at 350°.  Remove from oven and brush on 1 tbsp of butter.  Return to oven for an additional 2 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment