Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Cran-Raspberry Sauce

So I had this idea about stuffing pork chops with wild rice and cranberries.  I still like the idea and plan to do that at a later date but it was Sunday afternoon and I got a later start at dinner than I planned.  So instead of stuffing the pork chops, I made this sauce to top them with.  Luckily I had frozen raspberries and cranberries to harvest from the freezer so it worked out well.






Cran-Raspberry Sauce

1/2 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen
1/2 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp raspberry wine vinegar
1 tbsp green chilies

Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan.  Simmer until all the juices have released from the raspberries and the cranberries have softened.  Strain and serve over pork chops or a pork roast.

No comments:

Post a Comment