Thursday, September 24, 2015

Chicken Vesuvio

I'm always looking for a new way to cook chicken.  My Tivo recorded a show featuring popular foods in Chicago and one was Chicken Vesuvio that caught my attention so I decided to try it out.  I was a little leery about the amount of garlic but you only live once, right?  It was not overpowering at all.  I thought I had bone-in chicken breasts in my freezer but thawed out boneless and skinless ones and they worked great.





Chicken Vesuvio

3 chicken breasts
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
salt and freshly ground pepper
3 potatoes, pared and diced
6 garlic cloves, leave whole
3/4 cup chicken broth
3/4 cup white wine
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp thyme
1 cup peas, fresh or frozen

While the oil is heating in an ovenproof frying pan or dutch oven, season the chicken on both sides.  Brown the chicken and then remove from the pan.  You may need to add in a little more olive oil before placing the potatoes in the pan.  Cook until they've browned nicely on all sides and then add in the garlic for an additional minute or two.  Return the chicken to the pan and add in the remaining ingredients.  Bake for 30 minutes at 350°.

No comments:

Post a Comment