Saturday, January 14, 2017

Mexican Won Ton Cups

These are a fun meal or snack to make to eat while watching the football playoff games.  The won ton wrappers turn crispy in the oven and all the flavors meld together with layers of refried beans, taco meat and cheese.  Serve with additional toppings of shredded lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, taco sauce...whatever you wish.  I used my own taco seasoning recipe (recipe below) because I can control the sodium.  Normally I have my own refried beans that I made in the crock pot and freeze but I'm out at the moment and need to restock.




Mexican Won Ton Cups

24 won ton wrappers
refried beans, fat-free
1/2# extra lean ground beef
1 1/2 tbsp taco seasoning
1/4 cup water
shredded cheddar of Mexican blend cheese

Cook ground beef.  Stir in the taco seasoning and water and cook down.  Spray cooking spray evenly over a standard size muffin pan.  Line each up with 2 won ton wrappers.  Place 1 tbsp of refried beans at the bottom of each cup.  Add in 1 tbsp of taco mixture.  Top with 1 tbsp of cheese.  Bake for 12 minutes at 375°.    Serve immediately with your favorite toppings on the side.

Taco Seasoning - I usually double or triple this recipe

1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1 1/4 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp parsley
1/4 tsp  oregano
1 tsp pepper, freshly ground
1/2 tsp salt

Place in a sealable plastic bag or container that's airtight and mix well.



No comments:

Post a Comment