Sunday, June 2, 2019

Air Fryer Parmesan Pork Chops




My latest kitchen toy is an air fryer.  I have been wavering on buying one and my mother said she wants one so I thought if she's going to ask me questions on what to make and how, maybe I should have one myself.  Lets just say it didn't hurt when my arm was twisted to buy it.  So for my first meal, I went for recipes that I converted from my regular recipes and made in the air fryer.  The sweet potato fries were frozen from the grocery store but the recipe for the marshmallow dip is under dips here on the site.  The pork chops turned out great and cooked really fast.  I decided to cut the pork chops in half since I bought thick pork chops (these were even thicker than I thought they would be).  The air fryer gives them a nice crust on all sides that you aren't able to get by frying or baking.

Air Fryer Parmesan Pork Chops

2 thick cut pork chops, cut in half
1 large egg
1 tbsp water
1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/3 cup grated Parmesan  cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper

Grab 2 soup bowls for dredging.  In the first, mix together the egg and water.  In the second, mix the Panko, Parmesan cheese and spices.  Dip the pork chops in the egg wash and then into the Panko mixture.  Place on a plate so all of the chops can go into the air fryer at once.  Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees.  Place the pork chops in and since these are thick, cook for 8 minutes on each side.  Make sure the inside temperature gets to 145 degrees on the pork chops.


1 comment: