Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Three Chip Bars

One of my friends made a pan of chocolate chip bars a few weeks ago and posted it on Facebook.  I hadn’t made them in years and they looked so delicious.  Too bad she lives so far away or else I would have gone over to visit.  I decided to play around with my recipe and shake things up using a variety of different chips.
 



Three Chip Bars

½ cup butter, softened
¾ cup brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 1 /4 cups flour
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
1/3 cup ea semi-sweet chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips and butterscotch chips


Grease a 8 x  8 pan.  Cream together the butter and brown sugar.  Add in the egg, milk and vanilla.  Stir in the dry ingredients.  Fold in the chips.  Spread out dough evenly in your greased pan (moistening your fingers with water works great).  Bake for 26 minutes at 350°.

No comments:

Post a Comment