Saturday, September 15, 2012

Sausage Potato Soup

It's a beautiful day in the valley.  I did all my cleaning and laundry early so I could go out and enjoy it.  I have an overabundance of veggies in my refrigerator so I made this soup to use some of them up and to freeze for the coming cooler days.




Sausage Potato Soup

2 cups chicken broth
2 cups milk
3/4# country beef sausage, sliced
3 potatoes, diced
4 ears of corn, shucked and kernels cut off
2 dashes hot sauce
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste


Put chicken broth and milk in crock pot on medium heat.  Add in sliced sausage and potatoes.  Let cook for 2 hours.  Add in corn, paprika, garlic powder and hot sauce.  Taste.  I found that my sausage was salty enough that I did not need to add additional salt.  I did add in pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment