Thursday, September 6, 2012

Raspberry Honey

I received a Christmas gift of raspberry honey a couple years ago from my parents.  I absolutely loved it and they've looked ever since for it to buy again as a gift with no success.  I've found some sold on the internet, but the price is very high so I decided to make my own and it's so easy.  I just had it on toasted ciabatta buns but it would be excellent on any bread or pancakes/waffles.




Raspberry Honey

1 cup fresh raspberries
1 cup honey

Cook raspberries in a small saucepan over a low heat.  All you want to do is have the raspberries release their juice.  Pour 1/2 cup honey in a jelly canning jar.  Strain juice into the honey, do not press down on the fruit.  Pour the other 1/2 cup of honey in and gently stir to combine.  Refrigerate.  

2 comments: