Friday, September 28, 2012

Brown Sugar Lil' Smokies

Today was a going away party/potluck at work.  I was requested to bring these by the girl leaving (ok, she crossed off what I wrote down and filled this in).  I'm going to miss her critiques of my recipes and knowing when something was too dense, etc...plus encouragement to try new recipes and bringing me a sample of something to recreate.  Oh, and she was nice.  It's makes it all the sadder when someone leaves that is nice.  Anyhow, true to form...you give me a recipe and I will tweak it.  To me, brown sugar needs cayenne whenever I'm making a savory recipe.  The picture is of the 3 that were leftover.




Brown Sugar Lil' Smokies


1# Lil' Smokies
3/4# thick sliced bacon
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp cayenne
3/4 cup brown sugar
toothpicks

Cut the bacon slices into thirds, wrap around the Lil' Smokies and secure with the toothpick.  Place on an aluminum foil baking sheet.  In a small saucepan, melt the butter and stir in 1 cup of brown sugar and cayenne.  Pour over the Lil' Smokies and then sprinkle the 3/4 cup on top.  

Bake for 15 minutes at 375° and then raise the temperature to 400° and bake for an additional 15 minutes. 

I let these cool and put in my crock pot overnight to bring into work.

No comments:

Post a Comment