Thursday, September 22, 2016

Winter Squash Soup

Fall is officially here and it's time to start making comforting and warming foods.  Squash is my favorite vegetable and here's another way to enjoy it.  I know a lot of squash soups call for butternut squash but that's not my favorite by any means so I used an Kabocha that I baked and resisted eating right away. I topped the soup with some crumbled pancetta and toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds).



Winter Squash Soup

2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 cups chicken stock
1 1 /2 cups squash, cooked
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup cream

Heat the olive oil in the bottom of a large sauce pan or dutch oven.  When heated, add in the onions and cook until they are translucent.  Add in the minced garlic and cook for another minute.  Add in the chicken stock and squash.  Using an immersion blender, blend soup until smooth.  Heat soup until it comes to a simmer stage.  Add in cream.  

No comments:

Post a Comment