Saturday, December 27, 2014

Creamy Cannellini Chicken Soup

There's still only a dusting of snow on the ground but the mercury is taking a dive into winter mode.  I made a half-hearted attempt at cleaning my pantry today since my New Year's resolution is going to be more organized.  Actually have my home organized like my top of my work desk is.  Back to my pantry...I found 2 opened boxes of Orzo so that needed to be remedied and I love cannellini beans.  Since I had some chicken breasts in the refrigerator, I combined them into a delicious soup.





Creamy Cannellini Chicken Soup

1# chicken breasts, cut into small bite-size pieces
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 - 19 oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup carrots, diced
4 cups chicken stock
1 tbsp parsley
1/2 cup Orzo 
3/4 cup milk
2 dashes hot sauce
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Heat up olive oil in the bottom of a dutch oven or soup kettle.  Add in chicken pieces and lightly cook.  Add in the minced garlic and cook for a minute.  Stir in cannellini beans and carrots with chicken stock in the dutch oven.  Sprinkle in parsley, stir and cook partially covered until carrots are tender.  Stir in Orzo pasta and milk. Cook until the pasta is tender.  Taste and season accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment