Monday, December 29, 2014

Bacon & Cheddar Meatloaf

I was trying to think of something new to make with a pound of extra lean ground beef that I had.  I had already made a bbq meatloaf but I wanted to change it up a little.  Bacon was the answer, and there's very few times that it isn't.  




Bacon & Cheddar Meatloaf

1 # extra lean ground beef
2 slices bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
1 large egg

1 cup Mild Cheddar, shredded
1/4 cup onions, diced
2 tbsp parsley
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/2 Panko bread crumbs

1/4 cup barbeque sauce


In a medium bowl, add in all of the ingredients.  My method for combining is getting both hands in and mixing until it's all combined evenly.  Shape and place in a greased loaf pan.  Bake at 350° for 40 minutes.  Remove from oven and pan.  Cover and let sit 10 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment