Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cinnamon Strawberry Muffins

I absolutely love strawberry season.  I also love cute cupcake/muffin liners.  OK anything cute for the kitchen.  It's been a long week so I created these as a surprise for my co-workers/friends in the morning.




                        Cinnamon Strawberry Muffins


   1/2  cup butter, softened
   3/4  cup sugar
   1 large egg
   1 1/2  cups flour
   1 1/2  tsp baking powder
   1/2  tsp salt
   1/4  tsp nutmeg
   6 ounces plain Greek yogurt
   1/4  cup milk
   1 cup strawberries, chopped and lightly mashed
   1 tsp sugar


Cream butter and sugar.  Add in egg, vanilla, Greek yogurt and milk.
Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl and gradually add in.


Chop the strawberries and add 1 tbsp sugar before lightly mashing.  Fold
into batter.  Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.  Bake for 10 minutes, remove from
oven and sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top.


Cinnamon sugar - 3 tbsp sugar and 1/2 tbsp cinnamon.  If you don't use
all, store remainder for your next baking adventure.


Bake for 18 minutes at 350°F

Makes 18

8 comments:

  1. I wish I worked with you! These look so sweet with those adorable liners! So well presented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks to me like a perfect breakfast for my saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious. I love it when people bring treats in the the office to sample.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love strawberry season too! I have a list as long as my arm of things to make with strawberries and we've just bought a massive container of strawberries from Costco so I'll certainly be making my way through some of those recipes, and these just got added to my list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to tell you that this recipe inspired me to create cinnamon strawberry blackberry muffin foodiebraclets. You can see it on FoodieBracelets.com Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so cute! I saved the page because I will be getting one of your bracelets.

      Delete