Saturday, January 23, 2021

Beer Cheese Soup

 



Another snowy day in the northern plains and the need for some warming comfort soup.  I've been unable to find my favorite soup in the grocery stores lately so I created my own.

Beer Cheese Soup ~

1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1 - 32 oz low sodium chicken stock
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1 - 15 oz jar of Cheez Whiz
1 cup Triple Cheddar Easy Melt Cheddar Cheese
3/4 cup warm beer
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp paprika
2 dashes hot sauce (I used Frank's)

Melt butter and stir in the flour a Dutch oven.  Allow to cook for a minute over medium heat.  Gradually whisk in the chicken stock making sure there are no clumps.  Add in the cream.  Cook until it's thickened, stirring frequently.  Stir in the Cheez Whiz and cheddar cheese and stir until melted.  Add in the rest of the ingredients.  Allow to cook for another 30 minutes, still stirring frequently.  The restaurant that I used to get this with served with popcorn.  I made my own wheat croutons.  


No comments:

Post a Comment