Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Blueberry BBQ Sauce

Sometimes you just want to try something new and I had some beautiful pork chops that I thought needed a new bbq sauce.  I didn’t want to add it on while cooking since blueberries tend to color the meat and a dark gray color.  It’s not very appetizing.  I tried this once with a pomegranate molasses and chicken. 




 
Blueberry BBQ Sauce
1 pint fresh blueberries
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup onion, minced
¼ cup honey
½ cup ketchup
1 tsp ginger
3 T raspberry wine vinegar
 

Place all the ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer, stirring frequently until  sauce thickens.  You can mash the berries and leave it a thicker consistency (which I did) or allow to cool and puree in a blender.  Refrigerate after completely cooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment