Monday, June 15, 2015

Pecan Chicken Breasts

I had leftover pecans from a dessert that I made so I decided to use them rather than leaving them sitting on my kitchen counter.  I was making chicken breasts for dinner so I grabbed my rolling pin and crushed them since it was far less mess than dragging out the food processor.  The rolling pin works great and it can also take out any underlying anger or frustration...not that that ever happens. 




Pecan Chicken Breasts

2 skinless, boneless (or bone-in) chicken breasts
1/4 cup pecans, crushed
1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 egg

Take out 3 bowls for your dipping stations.  In the first, place the flour and spices.  In the second, whip the egg and 1 tsp water with a fork.  In the third bowl, place the pecans and Panko in.  Dip the chicken breasts in the flour, then the egg and finally the pecan/Panko mixture.  Place in a non-stick aluminum foil lined pan or greased one.  Bake for 30 minutes at 350°.

No comments:

Post a Comment