Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Sweet Peas & Parmesan Risotto

I've never claimed to have a green thumb.  I can grow herbs, berry bushes and apple trees.  Out of 12 sunflowers I planted, one came up.  I'm hoping this is more due to a late start rather than any actions on my part.  My peas looked healthy when I started them inside early.  RIP little plants that did not survive the transplant.  I started over and managed to get healthy plants that my crop equaled just enough for this recipe...1/2 cup.  It's a good thing I have a few farmers markets to choose from in the valley.






Sweet Peas & Parmesan Risotto

1/2 cup Arborio rice
2 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cup fresh peas
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
Salt to taste
1 tbsp butter


Bring the chicken stock to a gentle boil in a medium saucepan.  Stir in the rice, reduce heat to a simmer, cover the pan and let cook until the stock has been absorbed (approximately 30 minutes).  Stir in Parmesan cheese , butter and peas and cook until the peas are done.  Add in the freshly ground pepper and taste to see if it needs salt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment