Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Garlic & Herb Cracker Spread

My weakness is crackers and whatever you can put on top of them.  My other weakness is cheese.  So feeding these two together - win-win for my tastebuds.  I used a product very similar to this to make mashed potatoes a few weeks ago.  It was kind of expensive.  I started thinking that I could make it much cheaper plus maybe healthier.  I mean, the base of it is the same as a cream cheese frosting.  I opted to use an organic Neufchatel cheese.  In it I used one of my favorite herbs - dill weed.  It adds so much flavor and it's kind of odd that I like it so much since I am not a fan of pickles.









Garlic & Herb Cracker Spread

1 - 8 oz Neufchatel cheese
4 tbsp butter

Let both come to room temperature and mix together completely.

Add in the following ~

1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/8 tsp dill weed
1/8 tsp basil
1/8 tsp marjoram
1/8 tsp thyme

Stir in spices to they are evenly spread out in the Neufchatel mixture.  Place in your serving container, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment