Sunday, November 27, 2011

Eggnog Waffles

The start to the holiday season and I'm in overdrive.  The presents I've already gotten are wrapped and now I'm creating holiday foods.  I bought some eggnog.  I'm not fond of how it's normally served but it does have good alternative uses and here's one.




Eggnog Waffles

2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp  cinnamon
2 large eggs, separated
2 cups eggnog
2 tbsp canola oil

Sift all dry ingredients into a large bowl.  In a small bowl, beat egg whites until light and fluffy.  Gradually mix eggnog, egg yolks, canola oil and beaten egg whites into dry ingredients.

Bake per your waffle makers instructions.

Makes 10


I served it with my cinnamon syrup.  Great combination.  http://micheleswomancave.blogspot.com/2011/09/pumpkin-waffles-cinnamon-syrup.html

No comments:

Post a Comment